In this post, I’ve compiled a list of Backend as a service (BaaS) that you could use to power up your Android apps and games. A Backend Service provides mobile app developers with a way to link their applications to backend cloud storage while also providing features such as user management, push notifications, and integration with social networking services.
Android Backend as a Service (BaaS) provider.
1. Parse.comWith Parse, you can add a scalable and powerful backend in minutes and launch a full-featured app in record time without ever worrying about server management. Parse offer push notifications, social integration, data storage, and the ability to add rich custom logic to your app’s backend with Cloud Code.
Link : https://parse.com/
Pricing : Free – $199/mth
2. KumulosThe Kumulos backend as a service (BaaS) cloud platform enables app developers like you to to easily integrate cool features into your iOS and Google Android apps. Cloud backend as a service platforms like Kumulos enable app developers to store, manage and access their data via the cloud and enable you to develop backend features for your apps in minutes, rather than weeks.
Link : http://www.kumulos.com/
Pricing : $10/mth
3. KinveyWith Kinvey, you don’t have to worry about creating backend features, figuring out how to connect your apps to various cloud services or deal with the complexity of accessing enterprise data. Furthermore, the Kinvey platform provides you with a data store, a file store, push notifications, mobile analytics, the ability to run custom code, and more. Kinvey are a complete backend platform delivered to you as a service, so you don’t have to operate, scale, secure or maintain servers for your backend.
Link : http://www.kinvey.com/
Pricing : Free – $200/mth
4. BackendlessBackendless is a development and a run-time platform. It helps software developers to create mobile and desktop applications while removing the need for server-side coding. The platform consists of six core backend services which developers typically spend time implementing for each new applications.
Link : https://backendless.com
Pricing : Free
5. QuickBloxQuickBlox is a suite of services (APIs, SDKs, code samples, admin panel, tutorials) which help digital agencies, mobile developers and publishers to add great functionality to smartphone applications. It works with web and Facebook too but supports all native smartphone features such as push notifications on all platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry).
Link : http://quickblox.com/
Pricing : Free – $1,999/mth
6. ShephertzShepHertz endeavor is to make App developers successful on the Cloud, irrespective of the technology or platform on which they are developing. All our products focus on making App developer’s life easy and augment their business. ShepHertz App42 Platform consists of App42 Cloud API – BaaS, AppWarp Multiplayer Gaming Cloud Engine, AppWarpS2, Backend PaaS and App42 Gaming PaaS.
Link : http://api.shephertz.com/
Pricing : Free – $199.99/mth
7. Amazon AWSAmazon Web Services offers a cloud computing solution that provides mobile developers with a flexible, highly scalable, rapidly deployable, and low-cost way to deliver their applications.
Pricing : 12 Months Trial
Link : http://appery.io/
Pricing : Free – $135/mth
9. OpenKit.ioOpenKit is a set of cross-platform services for game developers. OpenKit makes it easy to integrate social features into your games, such as: Social Leaderboards, Social Challenges (via push notifications), and Smart Invites. OpenKit consists of client SDKs and the OpenKit hosted service. OpenKit is completely open source, including the back end.
Link : http://openkit.io/
Pricing : Free – $1,000/mth
10. BackBeamBackbeam provides hosted database, push notifications, real-time API, personalized emails, and much more.
Link : https://backbeam.io/
Pricing : Free – $29.99/mth
11. Google Mobile BackendThe mobile backend starter sample provides a ready-to-deploy, general purpose cloud backend along with Android and iOS clients with client-side framework classes. Together, these free you from learning how to code for the cloud, so you can focus on your mobile app behavior and UI.
Pricing : Pay-per-use
12. ApiomatAPIOMAT simplifies your whole app backend development lifecycle from setting up your data model to adding functionality by including ready-made modules and third party API’s, writing backend logic, and deploying your backeng into our German Publick cloud.
Link : http://www.apiomat.com/
Pricing : Free – 599€/mth
13. AppacitiveDraw and publish your app model into integration ready apis. Use our open source SDKs to integrate with your app without having to change your platform.
Link : http://appacitive.com/
Pricing : $9 – $199/mth
14. KiiKii is the only mobile backend-as-a-service (MBaaS) provider that helps developers turn their apps into full-fledged, global businesses. Kii provides cloud-based full-stack mobile backend with all the whistles and bells, complete in-app analytics, ad network partnerships to help you monetize, global distribution partnerships and venture capital for apps with proven user traction.
Link : http://en.kii.com/
Pricing : Free – $199
15. NetmeraMobile apps need critical yet different care in two phases: During development and after launch. During development you need to be quick to build it before competition and after launch, it should be engaging for your users. Netmera makes both phases very easy by helping you add fabulous features.
Link : http://www.netmera.com/
Pricing : Free – 19€/mth
16. ApplicasaApplicasa saves you the hassle of managing your user’s registration, virtual currency and device synchronization. By implementing our SDK you get a full hosting service, and a “Backend as a Service”, with which you can create your own database in just a few minutes. Use our API to implement leaderboards, achievements, a-synch multiplayer games mechanics, etc. The Apple & Google in-app purchase framework is an integral part of our SDK so you won’t have to deal with payments and on top of all, we will make sure there are no fraud payments, or cheaters.
Link : http://www.applicasa.com/
Pricing : Free – $2,699
Telerik empowers over one million developers to create compelling experiences across web, mobile and desktop applications. Our end-to-end, adaptive platform uniquely combines industry-leading UI tools with cloud services to simplify the entire software development lifecycle. Telerik platform-based and standalone product modules seamlessly integrate together, and with other popular developer solutions.
Link : http://www.telerik.com/
Pricing : Free – $149
18. Microsoft Azure
With Microsoft Azure Mobile Services you can add a scalable backend to your connected client applications in minutes. Windows Azure Mobile Services has SDKs to support Windows, Android, iOS and HTML developers on top of powerful REST APIs, enabling developers to build connected applications across a varied range of platforms and provide a consistent experience across devices. These services can enable a user to toggle between devices and continue where he/she last left off, enabling seamless device transitions.
Pricing : Free – $15,000++
If you have a site to recommend, please post it on the comment section and I will update it into the list. Enjoy.